Nowadays websites are turning into a marketplace on the internet. It gives entrepreneurs another opportunity to introduce their businesses to their target markets.
The need of a professional website is now a demand entrepreneurs from all walks of life are exploring. There are various DIY website builders that offer extensive services to entrepreneurs who are seeking a better way to build and manage their own websites.
But, is it even worth the time and effort? Wouldn’t it be better to hire a professional web designer? In this post we take a look at the pros and cons and come to our own conclusion.
- Cost less than acquiring the services of a web developer.
- You can launch it fairly quickly.
- Web tools cost less.
- There’s no need for knowledge in coding or any programming language.
- It’s safe and secure.
- Tools are very easy to use.
- You can update it on your own.
- Packed with SEO and analytic tools.
- You can do it all by yourself!
- Limited functionality features.
- You’ll have access to templates, which means your website won’t be unique.
- Depending on which package you select, your site may feature ads or watermarks.
- Limited usage of advanced SEO tools.
- Your design will be limited to what the tool has to offer.
- You’ll need to spend some time on it.
Are DIY websites really worth your time and money? If you’re starting your own business it might be worth it. You’ll save money rather than acquiring the services of a professional web designer. These pros and cons are just a bit of a guide for you.
If you own a well-established company and want your business to grow, hiring an expert might be the best way to go. A professional web developer and designer will be able to ensure that your site is user-friendly and has all the necessary SEO practices in place.